Parlay Press specializes in books on writing and language. Our goal is to develop products that meet the following criteria:
- they are short (150 single-spaced pages or less)
- they are instructional (for students or teachers)
- they are clear (understandable even to novices)
- they are unique (incorporating new ideas or approaches)
If you have a project you would like us to consider, please submit the materials described below by email or fax:
Toll-free fax: 888.301.3116
1. A prospectus of up to three single-spaced pages, addressing the following points:
- A brief description of the project, summarizing its content and approach.
- The primary market(s) for the book.
- Your project's relation to existing books in the field; discuss their strengths and weaknesses and how your book will differ from competing books.
- The project's status (schedule for completion, estimated length, plans for class-testing material).
2. Table of contents in outline form, showing headings and subheadings.
3. Your vita or resume, showing degrees and previous publications.
4. A sample chapter, if available.
Please inform us if you have submitted your proposal simultaneously to other publishers.